Emergency School Closures List
Snow Procedures For Winter 2015 -2016
In the event of heavy snow overnight and the closing of the school for the day
- You will receive a text message from school. (as soon as the decision has been made and as early as we can before the start of the school day) informing you that we are closed.
- This information MIGHT be on radio Stoke, or Signal we can never be sure
- The closure will be on the school website and Staffordshire County Council Website, under Emergency School Closure Procedure
- If you have downloaded the school APP – you will be alerted via a notification
- Should you not hear via text or see the closure on the website, please bring your child to school as normal.
In the event of continuous heavy snow and the closing of the school for more than one day
- See the initial procedure above. Should we still be closed the following day, again you will receive a text telling you this, (as soon as the decision has been made and as early as we can before the start of the school day)
- It will also be on the Staffordshire County Council website and school website
In the event of heavy snow and the closing of the school during the school day
- Should it snow heavily throughout the day, and poses us with the dilemma of sending children home safely, you will receive a text asking you to collect your child from school as soon as possible.
Please ensure that if you have recently changed your mobile number, that you have informed the office, thank you.